Academic Writing: Function and Form
Workshop: Course Overviews and Writing Projects
Readers: In addition to the two standard workshop questions (what works best? what should the writer work on next?), please consider the following:
- How would you describe the voice of the author/teacher in this text? How would you describe the stance the author (teacher) takes towards readers/students?
- What terms of value appear in the text? What is said or suggested about how this writing will be evaluated?
Ryan Sloan, College Writing Programs, UC Berkeley, “Rigorous Play”
- Choose a WordPress template for your course website. Use Pages to create the sections of your syllabus. Use Widgets to post course info, contact, search bar, tag cloud, Creative Commons license, etc.
- Rough out a weekly schedule for your R&C course, marking deadlines for drafts, and revisions, and classes you will devote largely to writing. Bring two paper copies with you to seminar tomorrow.
- Studio: Set up your WordPress site. Rough out the weekly schedule for your R&C course.
- Conversation: Michael Cohen, Associate Teaching Professor, African American Studies, “Digital Writing in The Secret History of America“